Last Modified: July 9, 2019
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
We collect some basic account information when you register for our Services like your username, email address, and any information you provide on your public profile page.
If you register using third-party social networking services such as Facebook (each, an “SNS Account”), we’ll create your account using certain personal information from your SNS Account, such as your name and email address and other personal information that your privacy settings on that SNS Account permit us to access. If we ever request access to more information from your SNS Account you will be required to give your permission again.
If you post content on our Services (like stories, comments, photos), you may also provide us with information about you in draft and published content. Published content is posted publicly and can be collected and used by others. We cannot control who reads your post or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post, so we encourage you to exercise discretion and caution with respect to your personal information. Please note that information that you voluntarily make public in your user profile will also be publicly available and viewable by others. We are not liable for any information that you voluntarily choose to make public through our Services.
If you buy advertising from us or choose to become a paid publisher, you will provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name, credit card information, and contact information.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you use our Services, we may collect and store information that helps us provide better Services. This information includes:
- Your mobile device's ID numbers (the unique identifier assigned to a device by the manufacturer and the advertiser identifier).
- Your mobile device's geographic location while the app is actively running.
- Your computer's IP address while the Services are actively running.
- Technical information about your computer or mobile device (such as type of device, web browser or operating system).
- Your preferences and settings (time zone, language, privacy preferences, product preferences, etc.).
- The URL of the last web page you visited before coming to our Services.
- The buttons, controls and ads you clicked on (if any).
- Cookies that help us distinguish between repeat visitors and new visitors and update your preferences. If your browser is set to reject cookies, then our Services cannot be responsible for any problems in functionality.
- Web beacons to help us personalize our Services, particularly for email communications.
- How long you used our Services and which services and features you used.
- The online or offline status of our Services on your devices.
- The town you identify during the registration process and at other times.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use information we collect from you for the following purposes:
- Display relevant content for you.
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services or information.
- Communicate with you about submissions, questions, or feedback that may be relevant to you.
- Monitor and analyze usage data and trends, and better personalize our Services.
- Investigate and prevent fraud or other illegal activities or content.
- Diagnose and fix problems.
We require an email address when you register for our Services. We use your email for both administrative and promotional purposes. Email messages we send you may contain code that enables our database to track your usage of these emails, including whether the email was opened and what links (if any) were clicked. You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails and other promotional communications from us at any time via the opt-out links provided in such communications. However, we reserve the right to send you administrative emails such as service announcements, security alerts, update notices, or other administrative messages without affording you the opportunity to opt out of receiving such communications.
Research: In addition to the uses outlined above, by using our Services you agree to allow us to anonymously utilize your usage information to research trends and promotion efficacy. This research is intended to improve the user experience and may be published on our site, emails, blogs or promotional materials. All of your responses and specific experiences are kept anonymous.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We do not sell users’ personal information. We share information about you as needed in the limited circumstances detailed below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
Service Providers: We may share all of the types of information we collect with vendors who provide services to us (e.g. analytics providers, security and technology providers).
Analytics Companies: We allow analytics companies to use tracking technologies to collect information about our users' computers or mobile devices and their online activities related to our Services. These companies analyze this information to help us understand how our Services are being used.
Aggregated Information: We may publicly disclose aggregated information about our users, such as the total number of our users and their overall demographics.
Legal matters: We may disclose any information: in response to a legal request, such as a subpoena, court order, or government demand; to investigate or report illegal activity; or to enforce our rights or defend claims.
PROTECTING CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
We do not allow persons under 13 to register for any service, and we do not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from persons under the age of 13.
SECURING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We endeavor to safeguard personal information to ensure that information is kept private. However, please be aware that unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, the inherent insecurity of the Internet and other factors, may compromise the security of your personal information at any time. As such, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.