On July 10 in 1964, the Beatles released their record album A Hard Day's Night, showcasing the "sound of Beatlemania in all of its giddy glory" says AllMusic. BWAANG!
The agenda for the July 10, 2019 Selectboard meeting is below. Here are some things I found of interest in the Selectboard packet for this meeting.
3. Consent Agenda (Action)
1. Peter Gregory, TRORC Exec. Dir. - Regional Plan Proposal Comments
See Agenda item #4.
4. George Clark, Trails Committee - Gile Mtn. Parking Discussion
Notes from June 24 public meetings on the proposed expansion of Gile Mountain parking lot.
5. Maryann Woods, VTrans - AOT Grant Monitoring
"There were no findings or concerns in these program areas."
6. Planning Commission - Quarterly Report
Planning Commission report for the second quarter. Public events and workshops are upcoming to get input on the Town Plan as well as the Affordable Housing Strategy document.
7. Rita Seto, TRORC - Road Erosion
Handout from last Selectboard meeting, which contains information regarding hydro-connected segments of Town roads.
8. Draft Fee Schedule (handout at 6/26 SB mtg.)
See Agenda item # 6b.
4. TRORC Regional Plan Draft - Finalize Joint Selectboard/PC Comments (Discussion/Action)
Norwich public officials have expressed concerns about the proposed regional plan. I posted about this last month, here. Before the Selectboard is a four page draft letter that, if approved, constitutes the Town's public comment to the regional plan. The draft letter details concerns on the following questions:
1. How are Rural and Mixed Use areas mapped?
2. What density of housing development does the Rural area allow?
3. Does excluding principal retail in Mixed Use areas impact community design?
4. How is community design best facilitated?
5. Why was the public outreach process so limited?
5. Set FY 2019-20 Tax Rate (Discussion/Action)
Town property tax rate proposed to increase by 2.20%. I posted about this on Sunday, here. In addition to the calculation, the Grand List '411' is in the packet.
6. TM Report:
No written report from the Town Manager is in the Selectboard packet.
b. Fee Schedule Update (Cont'd) (Discussion/Possible Action)
Proposed fee schedule is in correspondence.
c. Town Road & Bridge Standards - Revise & Adopt - State Requirement
The State is encouraging "all municipalities to consider adopting the new 2019 Town Road and Bridge Standards template prior to August 1, 2019."
8. Undesignated Fund Balance Policy - Discussion According to the Policy Related to the Balance and the Upcoming Budget FY 2020-21 Process (Discussion)
The Undesignated Fund Balance (UFB) is the Town's emergency/rainy day fund. See What’s an "Undesignated Fund Balance"? As last reported in the Selectboard packet for the December 22, 2018 meeting, the UFB is underfunded as it is below the minimum set by Selectboard Financial Policy No. 2. See Agenda Item: Undesignated Fund Balance, posted on December 18.
It would seem difficult to discuss the UFB without updated financial information about the fund. Perhaps that will be distributed at the Selectboard meeting.
9. Selectboard Policies Status
a. *Master Financial Policy (Discussion/Action)
A major undertaking by Selectboard member Mary Layton to catalog all and revise a number of financial policies of the Town. Materials begin at page 87 of the Selectboard packet.
b. *Banner Policy; Sexual Harassment Policy (Discussion)
At page 144 in the Selectboard packet.
Contact me at: email@example.com